According to Retail Active, the mystery shopping and brand audit company:
- Repeat customers spend 33% more than new customers.
- Referrals among repeat customers are 107% greater than non-customers.
- It costs 6x more to sell something to a prospect than to sell that same thing to a customer.
It is important to stay in front of current customers for 5 reasons:
- Upsell them services. More bandwidth. Another phone. Managed router.
- Cross-sell them a servcie from a partner like backup.
- Get Referrals! Best way to get one is to give one!
- Get a Testimonial. Written, audio or video - or a recommendation on Yelp or LinkedIn.
- So that they don't leave you.
Why do customers leave you? Here are 4 reasons, but the largest percentage is #4.
- They felt your pricing was too high or unfair.
- They had an unresolved complaint.
- They took a competitors offer.
- They left because they felt you didn't care.
Stay in front of your customers while providing value.
To all my readers - and especially to my customers - Thank You! and Happy Thanksgiving!