- Is self-doubt keeping you from pursuing all the opportunities within your reach? Try Jain’s tips on reenergizing yourself: Reframe your feelings. Try a variety of techniques to shift your perspective. For example, try sandwiching a task you find difficult between two activities that relax you or give you confidence.
- Invest in ongoing learning. Read a book, take a class or find a mentor. Learning is energizing. You are moving toward something rather than running away.
- Develop systems. Whether it’s a software program that helps you organize your sales leads or just a daily to-do list, systems can help you apply best practices and boost your confidence.
- Get back to the basics. Business owners often sacrifice sleep, good meals and exercise. But you can't feel good if you aren't taking good care of yourself.
- Spend time with yourself. Don't neglect your own inner wisdom. Advisers are important, but be clear about what you want. If you are initiating a strategy, make sure you're behind it 100 percent.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006
NFIB (National Federation of Independent Businesses) publishes a quarterly magazine called MyBusiness. I encourage you to join NFIB and read the magazine. This issue has an article about problems business owners have - and how to fix them.