"It is called “New Hire Orientation”, or NHO. At Microsoft (referencing my personal experience), this is called “New Employee Orientation, or NEO. Every company has one, and they call it something. Here’s what happens at ours, precisely:"
- New employees get a good breakfast (fruits, pastries, cereal, that kind of thing)
- They immediately get a laptop and backpack
- They get a “Welcome to Amazon” introduction
- They fill out benefits paperwork
- They learn a bit about the company, including our leadership principles
- They hear a story about how important our customers are, as “Customer Obsession” is widely known to be our first and foremost leadership principle
- They hear from a guest speaker about their experience at Amazon
- They get their badge picture taken, and receive their badge
- At the end, the employee’s Manager is waiting for them to welcome them to Amazon, and the new employees get taken out to lunch
"This happens from 8 AM – 12:15 PM, or 9 AM – 1:15 PM. Anyone else know of any other company that has a somewhat similar process for new employees?" from Business Insider
I hope you also have a client on-boarding process.