To date, Brandywine has sued over 39 different service providers, according to Fierce, but another source says "There are 52 involved ISPs, the initial four large folks from earlier this year, and then 48 new ones last week."
"In addition to filing a lawsuit against ATT, Verizon and C-Link last year, the company has sued Windstream, IKANO, and Megapath. It is also currently trying to settle one of its cases with EarthLink."
I have listed some below but there is a list here as well.
From a complaint: "On April 27, 1993, U.S. Patent No. 5,206,854 (the "'854 Patent"), entitled "Detecting Loss of Echo Cancellation" was duly and legally issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office to inventors William L. Betts and Robert A. Day, II (collectively the "'854Inventors"). The '854 Patent has been duly and legally assigned to Brandywine."
On October 5, 1993, U.S. Patent No. 5,251,328 (the "'328 Patent"), entitled "Predistortion Technique for Communications Systems," was duly and legally issued by the United States Patent and Trademark Office to inventor David G. Shaw (the "'328 Inventor"). The'328 Patent and has been duly and legally assigned to Brandywine.
On September 22, 1998, U.S. Patent No. 5,812,537 (the "'537 Patent"), entitled "Echo Canceling Method and Apparatus for Data Over Cellular," was duly and legally issued.
On October 27, 1998, U.S. Patent No. 5,828,657 (the "'657 Patent"), entitled "Half-Duplex Echo Canceler Training Using a Pilot Signal," was duly and legally issued.
On November 29, 2005, U.S. Patent No. 6,970,501 (the "'501 Patent"), entitled "Method and Apparatus For Automatic Selection and Operation of a Subscriber Line Spectrum Class Technology" was duly and legally issued to inventors Gordon Bremer and Phillip J. Kyees
On February 22, 2011, U.S. Patent No. 7,894,472 (the "'472 Patent"), entitled "Method and Apparatus For Automatic Selection and Operation of a Subscriber Line Spectrum Class Technology" was duly and legally issued inventors Gordon Bremer and Phillip J. Kyees
On December 10, 2012, Brandywine sent a letter to Defendant notifying Defendantthat it has been infringing the '854, '328, '537, '657, '501, and '472 Patents through the operation of its Digital Subscriber Line (“DSL”) business.
Service Provider Name /Date (Re)Filed / Case / PACER link*
- Earthlink 2/21/2012 6:2012-cv-00285
- Verizon Communications 6/26/2012 1:2012-cv-03895
- Centurylink 2/21/2012 6:2012-cv-00286
- AT&T 5/16/2012 4:2012-cv-02494
- D.B. Solutions DBA Web Force Sys 12/22/2012 1:2012-cv-01763
- Erie Online 12/22/2012 2:2012-cv-07224
- O.T.T. Communications 12/23/2012 1:2012-cv-01768
- Windstream 12/23/2012 1:2012-cv-01769
- Megapath 12/23/2012 1:2012-cv-01767
- Linkline Communications 12/23/2012 1:2012-cv-01766
- Getnet 12/23/2012 1:2012-cv-01764
- Nunet 12/23/2012 5:2012-cv-07225
- InReach Internet 12/23/2012 1:2012-cv-01765
- TMN DBA Mesh.net Internet Svc 12/26/2012 6:2012-cv-01006
- Graydog Internet 12/26/2012 3:2012-cv-02332
- Coastal Telco Services 12/26/2012 2:2012-cv-00401
- PEAK Internet 12/26/2012 3:2012-cv-02335
- Interlync Internet Services 12/26/2012 1:2012-cv-10319
- Other World Computing 12/26/2012 1:2012-cv-10321
- Colorado Valley Communications 12/26/2012 6:2012-cv-01004
- HyperUSA 12/26/2012 6:2012-cv-01005
- Nova Internet Services 12/26/2012 6:2012-cv-01007
- Hickorytech Corporation 12/26/2012 0:2012-cv-03187
- Texas Communications 12/26/2012 6:2012-cv-01008
- Union River Telephone Co DBA Rivah.net 12/26/2012 1:2012-cv-00403
- Stayton CoOp Tel Co DBA Williamette Valley Internet 12/26/2012 3:2012-cv-02336
- David L. Aldridge Co Inc 12/26/2012 6:2012-cv-01003
- Nextgen Internet Sys DBA Exchangenet 12/26/2012 3:2012-cv-02338
- Bob Meiger Emerald People's Utility Dist DBA Eugene Free Community
- Network 12/26/2012 3:2012-cv-02339
- DLS Computer Svc DBA DLS Internet Svc 12/26/2012 1:2012-cv-10317
- Honeycomb Internet Svc DBA Winternet 12/26/2012 0:2012-cv-03188
- Trinet-e Telecom DBA Green Bay Net 12/27/2012 1:2012-cv-01314
- Microserv 12/28/2012 1:2012-cv-00642
- Orbitcom DBA Icehouse.net 12/28/2012 1:2012-cv-00643
- Infowest 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-01213
- IKANO Communications 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-01214
- Consolidated Communications Holdings 12/28/2012 1:2012-cv-01784
- BTC Communications 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-00215
- Cactus Intl DBA Cactus Computer & Internet Svc 12/28/2012 1:2012-cv-00641
- Sonic.net 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11011
- Surfnet Communication 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11017
- CDS Wireless 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11029
- Highspeed.com 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11014
- BAIS 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11026
- Impulse Advanced Communications 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11013
- MM Internet 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11015
- Raw Bandwidth Communications 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11009
- Om Networks 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11012
- Coastal Web Online 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11016
- Corporate West Computer Systems 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11008
- iSelect Internet 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11002
- Geraci DBA AsburyUSA.net 12/28/2012 2:2012-cv-11027
*You will need a PACER login to access. Some of these docs are on Scribd.
Another article on DSLR.
We need Patent Reform in the US - Big Time. As I told the USPTO, your department is screwed up. For example, how do you give out a patent in 2011 for technology in use since 1999 AND technology that Bell Labs developed in 1965!!!