- Don't get Distracted!
- Happy Employees give great service.
- ISP = Indispensible Solver of Problems
- Concentrate on what your Customers want and need. (Ask them!)
- If you want to stop selling $50 and start selling $500 accounts, it takes a huge shift in how you do business, market and sell.
- It is difficult to be successful being everything to everyone. Focus on what you can do best - and become the best at it.
- Positioning - in the marketplace you can only hold one position - and it should be clear and concise. (You can't use the same brand to sell $39 Resi and $499 Biz service).
- Low end services can not fund a sales force.
- Key Trend: Software and Apps; Web 2.0, SAAS
- Security is an emerging market
- Bandwidth usage is exploding. Video usage scares many network providers.
- The biggest opportunity is in SMB IT services.
- Get some Google money: google.ida.net
- Utility and grid computing - Amazon S3, Clversafe.
Thursday, November 09, 2006
Notes from the ISP-CEO Exchange (to be renamed JohnCon):