The Yankee Group report, “How Do SMBs Fare in the CLEC Versus ILEC Matchup?”, found:
- that XO has the single largest share of the small and medium-sized business market among all CLECs with 11%,
- that is nearly double the marketshare of its nearest CLEC competitor.
- after the ILECs, XO has the single largest marketshare in the SMB market
- The Yankee Group defines the small and medium-sized business segment as companies with 20 to 500 employees.
- The SBA defines a SMB as 99 employees or less. There are roughly 23M small businesses, which represent 99.7 percent of all employers (2002 stats from SBA).
- 18M are sole proprietors or partnerships with no paid employees.
- Since its launch last year, 4,300 businesses have deployed XOptions Flex.
Do you see all the Opportunity out there??? And I often hear ISPs say that there aren't enough businesses to make a living on. Ha!