- "Most people who want Office and Windows have them," Wilcox said.
- "Microsoft has a situation where the market is saturated and fragmented.''
- In the US, there are 7.5M small businesses (less than 100 employees) and 320,000 medium-sized ones (100-999 employees).
- IBM, said Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, is "increasingly a services company.''
- Microsoft, countered IBM VP Ken Bisconti, is stuck "on a pre-Internet software model.''
- Microsoft launched a $500-million campaign aimed at promoting its products - and attacking IBM.
- Microsoft also is tangling with other competitors, such as targeting Google's dominance of the Internet search market.
- Google will bundle its software on Dell machines.
Friday, May 26, 2006
MS has put IBM as the face of open-source.