"Silver Peak Systems, the leader in scalable Wide Area Network (WAN) acceleration, today announced that EarthLink Telecommunications, a leading broadband Internet Service Provider, has selected Silver Peak's NX appliances to optimize WAN performance and reduce bandwidth costs. With Silver Peak's real-time network optimization techniques, EarthLink Telecommunications has improved Internet performance for subscribers while increasing bandwidth capacity on the company's international WAN backbone." [press release] I have no idea what the Silver Peak system actually does. Such great work by the PR firm.
- Ifbyphone Targets SMB Carriers with Cloud Telephony Services, including IVR. It's an add-on service from the cloud that you can offer clients. [TMCnet]
- Security as a service like Zscaler. But McAffee is offering it now also.
- Speech to text for free at Vlingo
- iTech offers Online Backup Services as well as Managed Services as an overlay to any carrier network. (That means you can resale it!) The backup service is a simple online tool to secure data offsite. The Managed Service offering is an excellent checkup and monitoring tool to expose network threats, ensure data security, provide ongoing 24/7 monitoring and notification, all viewable through an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Four Tips for Getting Good ROI from Web 2.0 Projects --- How Embarq uses Web 2.0 by CIO magazine.
- XO matching L3 pricing on GigE IP Ports in Lit buildings. Crazy.