- Have a page on your website that describes your jobs and asks for resumes.
- Always collect resumes. You never know when gold will hit your desk.
- Recruiting is a process, not an event - like prospecting to sales people.
- Do Not Hire out of need! Hire the right person for the right position. Everyone will be happier.
- It can take up to 90 days to find the right person.
- "Clark also recommends staying in the fast lane of the recruiting game by attending job fairs, recruiting fairs, using college placement services continuously, and by developing a sales profile of the positions you have."
- "You can train people how to sell, but if they don't have the qualities and motivation to sell–if they don't love getting to the 'yes' answer–they aren't going to be successful in sales," says Herb Greenberg, PhD, founder and chief executive of Caliper, an international consulting firm.
Friday, November 17, 2006
Since it seems that so many companies have difficulties with employee recruiting, training and retention, I thought I would put some pointers out here: