Magicjack.com is now using Infomercials on TV to sell its appliance and service. It's $40 for the first year of service. This makes no sense to me.
Now ViaTalk is offering New customers who purchase one year of the ViaTalk VT_Unlimited Calling Plan for $199 ($17 per month) two lines for the price of one, plus one year of service for free. A $30 activation fee applies, and the Linksys VoIP adapter costs $10 to ship. The plan includes e911, voicemail, caller ID, call waiting, call forwarding, free in-network calls, and more. Other VoIP promotions (from dealnews.com):
- Two years of JoiPhone.com Unlimited Calling for $14.95 per month + free additional line.
- voiceral.com Annual Unlimited Plan for $18.99 per month
- Vonage Premium Unlimited Calling Plan for $24.99 per month + one month for free
- Packet8 Unlimited for $24.99 per month + free Uniden UIP160P VoIP Phone
- AT&T CallVantage Service Plan for $24.99 per month + free month --- which is the strangest since AT&T has decided to take CallVantage out of the affiliate channel, which analysts took as a sign that at 178k users, it was done.