- The Heritage Foundation has the major milestones here.
- Open enrollment in the Health Insurance Marketplace begins on October 1st, 2013. [more from HHS.gov]
- From the Patriot News: "Jan. 1, 2014 -- Most individuals are required to have health insurance. Those who don't will face a penalty. In 2014, the penalty will be $95 per adult and $47.50 per child, up to $285 for a family, or one percent of family income (whichever is greater). The penalty will rise to $325 per adult and $162.50 per child in 2015, and $695 per adult and $347.50 per child in 2016 and beyond."
- Jan. 1, 2014 -- Insurance plans can no longer refuse to cover anyone because of pre-existing conditions.
- US House Ways and Means Committee PDF with details.
- 4 Things about the Employer Mandate Delay
Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Affordable Care Act Links
This isn't a political post. It's just info. USA Today has a good break down of the Affordable Care Act (occasionally referred to as ObamaCare or RomneyCare).