Remember --> It takes 7 touches.
Your sales plan must include 7 contacts or touches.
"Since it can typically take 7 touches with a potential client before they become an actual client, it is important to have a plan to make these 7 touches. With a plan, persistence, and follow-through, you can increase the number of potential clients who become actual clients. Use the 7+ Touches Marketing Chart to track your contacts with each potential client. You may have heard that it takes 7 - 10 "touches" to gain a new customer. These touches can be telephone calls, notes, appointments, letters, postcards, or some other way of getting your and your nursing business' name or presence in front of your potential customer. A newsletter can serve you well as one of these touches." [source]
- Meet a potential new customer at an event.
- Send an email to acknowledge the meeting, add customer to mailing list.
- Regular monthly newsletter goes out to customer, offering free information.
- Customer requests free information and is sent an acknowledgment.
- Free information sent to the customer.
- Phone call to customer to ask for feedback on information sent.
- Face-to-face meeting takes place – and sale is made.
Top Tip: Touch Existing Customers Too
See previous post for more info and PowerPoint on Lead Gen.