- Patents for new or enhanced voice services, such as call management through customer computers and other ways to leverage the connectivity provided by Internet connections.
- Patents related to providing IP networking and related services via wireless devices.
- Patents related to the configuration and testing of firewalls to protect services (and customers) connected with the Internet.
- Patents for new processes that can be used to help battle denial of service attacks.
- Patents related to enhancing network capability for delivering bandwidth-demanding content such as video on demand.
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
VZ Holds 2500 Patents
"Verizon now owns nearly 2,500 patents in the United States and around the world, and the list continues to grow.... Overall, Verizon now owns 2,044 U.S. patents and 450 foreign patents." [CNN-Money] Among some of the new patents awarded to Verizon in the past 18 months were: