- Vonage maintains its lead with 1.95M domestic subs, up 194k from 2Q
- Time Warner has 1.64M, up 184,000.
- Comcast is at 1.3M subscribers, adding 483K new customers plus a bunch more in some market swaps with Time Warner.
- Cablevision slipped to 4th place with 1.1M subs, up ~ 110k.
- Primus, 8x8, SunRocket and Brighthouse were all bunched at between 110,000 and 170,000.
- TeleGeography also reports that the U.S.'s five biggest ILECs--AT&T, VZ, BST, Qwest, and Embarq--lost a combined 2.4 Million switched access lines in the third-quarter.
- Cox was not counted because most of its phone customers are switched access, not VoIP.
- VoIP Subscribers Up 18% in 3Q06 --> 8.2M VOIP users ---> almost $2B in annual rev
- TMC has the numbers here.
- FierceVoIP also has a write up, and another one here.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
TeleGeography is out with its 3Q06 VoIP market share numbers: